BHIM UCO UPI
Champion of New Era for Payment
As a part of Digital Banking Educational series, please find below information regarding Unified Payment Interface (BHIM UCO-UPI)-Introduction, Registration, Virtual Payment Address, Setting PIN & Balance enquiry.
UNIFIED PAYMENT INTERFACE (UPI)
1. Introduction to BHIM UCO UPI
BHIM UCO-UPI application was launched on 28th Aug’2016.
Customers of UCO Bank as well as other Banks can download the application from Google Playstore (Android users) and Apple Store (iOS users).
2. Salient Features
BHIM UCO-UPI Application offers the following features to our customers:
- BHIM UCO-UPI application can be used by customers of any Bank.
- Push and Pull payments, i.e., Customers can make payment as well as request payment.
- ‘Scan and Pay’ using QR code.
- Generate QR code for linked account.
- Customers can set “Virtual Payment Address (VPA)” for their account. Without knowing account number, users can transfer fund or demand funds using VPA. Eg. gauravmishra1@uco
- Customer can make balance enquiry.
- BHIM UCO-UPI is safe and secure as it offers 2 Factor Authentication.
- Users get a 12 digit reference number for each transaction (NPCI RRN). This reference number (NPCI RRN) can be used to track the status of transaction in case of failure.
3. Terms and Conditions for BHIM UCO UPI
The following words and expressions shall have the corresponding meanings wherever appropriate:
- Account', shall mean an account with the Bank in which a request for availing the BHIM UCO UPI Service has been registered or re-registered with the Bank,
- Customer' means the holder of an Account in UCO BANK or the user of BHIM UCO UPI app.
- MPIN shall mean the Personal Identification Number (Login password) for the BHIM UCO UPI Service.
- UPIN shall mean the Personal Identification Number (Transaction password) for the BHIM UCO UPI Service.
- 'UPI/SERVICE' shall mean BHIM UCO UPI Service of the Bank and includes the service over the application/USSD.
- USSD' shall mean Unstructured Supplementary Service Data.
- Bank' shall mean UCO Bank or any successor or assign of it.
3.2 Applicability of Terms and Conditions
- Facility' shall mean BHIM UCO UPI facility provided to the Customer
- Mobile phone means the handset and SIM card along with the accessories and necessary software for GSM phones and handsets and software for CDMA phones, which is owned by the mobile subscriber.
- Mobile phone number shall mean the mobile number that has been used by the customer to register for the facility.
- Application' shall mean the Bank's BHIM UCO UPI application which will be downloaded onto the mobile phone of the Customer.
- BHIM UCO UPI Services means the services or facilities granted by the bank to access information relating to the savings/current or any such eligible account of the customer and usage of products and/or services as may be made available on mobile phone by the bank from time to time.
- VPA shall mean “Virtual Payment Address” set by the customer for his/her account to send/receive payment.
- QR code shall mean Quick Response Code in coded image format that may be used by the customer for “scan & pay” using smart phone.
- Bank's website means www.ucobank.com
No Customer is entitled to use the BHIM UCO UPI app without understanding and agreeing to the Terms and Conditions for BHIM UCO UPI Service. By using the BHIM UCO UPI service, the Customers thereby agree and consent to these Terms and Conditions, which form the contract between the Customer and Bank. UPI SERVICE shall be governed by such terms and conditions as amended by the Bank or National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI) from time to time. These terms and conditions shall be in addition to and not in derogation of other terms and conditions relating to any Account of the Customer and/or the respective product or the service provided by the Bank unless otherwise specifically stated.
3.3 General Business Rules Governing BHIM UCO UPI Service
The following Business rules will apply to the UPI SERVICE offered by the Bank:
|Daily Limit (INR)
||Daily Limit (INR)
Note: These figures are only indicative and may undergo change if deemed necessary by the Bank or NPCI
- Entering the wrong OTP/MPIN/UPIN more than specified number of times will block the BHIM UCO UPI app.
- Any change in the business rules of any of the processes will be notified on Bank's website www.ucobank.com, which will be construed as sufficient notice to the Customer.
- To avail BHIM UCO UPI service, customer should have an active debit card linked with Bank account with at least one transaction done recently. Additionally, customer should not have multiple debit card, multiple aadhaar linked with account. Mobile number provided should not be linked with multiple customer ids.
- The Customers are bound to advise the Bank separately, of any change in Account so that necessary changes should be carried out in BHIM UCO UPI Services.
- The final discretion to offer this BHIM UCO UPI Services to a customer rests with the Bank and if the bank decides, may withdraw such a facility any time without notice and without giving any reasons, cost & compensation thereof.
- The Bank may suspend the Facility, if the same has not been accessed by the Customer for three months or more. If the Facility has not been accessed for six months or more, the same may be cancelled or if any suspicious activity is observed in the account.
- The Customer can request for termination of the Facility by using deregister option provided in BHIM UCO UPI app or by visiting the branch.
- The services offered under the Facility will be automatically terminated if the primary account linked for the BHIM UCO UPI Services is closed. The Bank may also terminate or suspend the services under the Facility without prior notice if the Customer has violated the terms and conditions laid down by the Bank or on the death of the Customer when brought to the notice of the Bank.
3.4 Usage of Facility
By accepting the terms and conditions on the mobile phone while registering for the facility, the Customer:
- Agrees to use Bank’s UPI Service for financial and non-financial transactions offered by the Bank from time to time.
- Also irrevocably authorizes the Bank to debit the Accounts which have been enabled for UPI SERVICE for all transactions/services undertaken by using MPIN.
- Authorizes the Bank to map the account number and Mobile Phone Number for the smooth operation of UPI SERVICE offered by Bank and to preserve the mapping record in its own server or server of any other third party and to use such data at its discretion for providing/enhancing further banking/ technology products that it may offer.
- Agrees that he/ she is aware and accepts that UPI/SERVICE offered by the Bank will enable him/her to transact using MPIN/UPIN within the limit prescribed by the Bank and will be deemed as confide transaction.
- Agrees that the transactions originated using the mobile phones are non-retractable as these are instantaneous/real time.
- Agrees that the Bank shall not be responsible for any errors made while entering VPA for transferring funds or sending funds to wrong beneficiary through other modes.
- Understands and explicitly agrees that Bank has the absolute and unfettered right to revise the prescribed ceilings from time to time which will be binding upon him/her.
- Agrees to use the facility properly and validly registered in his/her name only with the Mobile Service Provider and undertakes to use the Facility only through Mobile Phone Number which has been used to register for the Facility.
- Agrees that while the Information Technology Act,2000 prescribes that a subscriber can authenticate an electronic record by affixing his digital signature which has been given legal recognition under the Act, the Bank is authenticating the Customer by using Mobile Number, MPIN/UPIN or any other method decided at the discretion of the Bank which may not be recognized under the IT Act, 2000 for authentication of electronic records and this is acceptable and binding to the Customer and hence the Customer is solely responsible for maintenance of the secrecy and confidentiality of the MPIN/UPIN without any liability to the Bank.
- The Customer shall be required to acquaint himself/herself with the process for using the facility and that he/she shall be responsible for any error made while using the Facility.
- The Bank reserves the right to decide what services may be offered. Additions / deletions to the services offered under the facility are at its sole discretion of the Bank.
- The instructions of the Customer shall be effected only after authentication under his/her USER ID and MPIN or through any other mode of verification as stipulated at the discretion of the Bank.
- While it shall be the endeavour of the Bank to carry out the instructions received from the Customers promptly, it shall not be responsible for the delay / failure in carrying out the instructions due to any reasons whatsoever including failure of operational system or due to any requirement of law. The Customer expressly authorizes the Bank to access his/her account information required for offering the services under the facility and also to share the information regarding his/ her accounts with the service provider/ third party as may be required to provide the services under the Facility.
- The transactional details will be recorded by the Bank and these records will be regarded as conclusive proof of the authenticity and accuracy of transactions.
- The Customer understands that the Bank may send "rejection" or "cannot process" the request messages for the service request(s) sent by the Customer which could not be executed for any reason whatsoever.
- The Bank shall make all reasonable efforts to ensure that the Customer information is kept confidential but shall not be responsible for any inadvertent divulgence or leakage of confidential Customer information for reasons beyond its control or by action of any third party.
- The Customer expressly authorizes the Bank to carry out all requests/ transactions purporting to have been received from his/ her mobile phone and authenticated with his / her MPIN/UPIN. In the case of payment facilities like fund transfer, mobile top up etc. The customer shall be deemed to have expressly authorised the Bank to make the payment when a request is received from him / her.
- It is the responsibility of the Customer to advise the Bank of any change in his mobile number or loss / theft of mobile phone by adopting the procedure laid down by the Bank for the purpose.
- The Telecom Service provider of the customer may levy charges for each SMS / dial / GPRS and the Bank is not liable for any dispute that will arise between such telecom service provider and the Customer.
3.6 Fee structure for the Facility
The Bank reserves the right to charge the Customer a fee for the use of the services provided under the Facility and change the fee structure at its discretion. Display of such charges on Bank's websites would serve as sufficient notice and the same is binding on the customer.
3.7 Accuracy of Information
- It is the responsibility of the Customer to provide correct information to the Bank through the use of the Facility or any other method. In case of any discrepancy in this information, the Customer understands that the Bank will not be in any way responsible for action taken based on the information. The Bank will endeavour to correct the error promptly wherever possible on a best effort basis, if the customer reports such error in information.
- The Customer understands that the Bank will try, to the best of its ability and effort, to provide accurate information and shall not hold the Bank responsible for any errors or omissions that will occur due to reasons beyond the control of the Bank.
- The Customer accepts that the Bank shall not be responsible for any errors which will occur in spite of the steps taken by the Bank to ensure the accuracy of the information and shall not have any claim against the Bank in an event of any loss / damage suffered as a consequence of an information provided by the Bank found to be not correct.
3.8 Responsibilities and obligations of the Customer
- The Customer will be responsible for all transactions, including, unauthorized/ erroneous / wrong / incorrect / mistaken / false transactions made through the use of his / her mobile phone, SIM card and MPIN/UPIN, regardless of whether such transactions are in fact entered into or authorized by him / her. The Customer will be responsible for the loss/damage, if any suffered in respect of all such transactions.
- The Customer shall take all possible steps to ensure that the Application and his/her mobile phone are not shared with anyone and shall take immediate action to de-register from UPI SERVICE as per procedure laid down in case of misuse/ theft/loss of the mobile phone or SIM card.
- The Customer will use the services offered under the Facility using the MPIN in accordance with the procedure as laid down by the Bank from time to time, including the terms and conditions contained herein.
- The Customer shall keep the application password and MPIN/UPIN confidential and will not disclose these to any other person or will not record them in a way that would compromise the confidentiality of the same or the security of the service.
- It will be the responsibility of the Customer to notify the Bank immediately if he/ she suspect the misuse of the MPIN/UPIN. He will also immediately initiate the necessary steps to change his MPIN/UPIN.
- If the mobile phone or SIM is lost, the user must immediately take action to de-register from BHIM UCO UPI Services at any UCO BANK branch.
- The Customer accepts that any valid transaction originating from the registered mobile phone number shall be assumed to have been initiated by the Customer and any transaction authorized by the MPIN/UPIN is duly and legally authorized by the Customer.
- The Customer shall keep himself/herself updated with regard to any information/ modification relating to the services offered under the Facility which would be publicized on the Bank's websites and at the branches and would be responsible for taking note of / compliance of such information/ modifications in making use of the Facility.
- The Customer shall be liable for all loss or breach of the Terms and Conditions contained herein or contributed or caused the loss by negligent actions or a failure to advise the Bank within a reasonable time about any unauthorized access in the account.
- The Customer shall be liable and responsible for all legal compliance and adherence of all commercial terms and conditions in respect of the mobile connection/SIM card/mobile phone through which the facility is availed and the Bank does not accept/ acknowledge any responsibility in this regard.
- It is the responsibility of the Customer to notify the Bank, about any change in account, through a separate communication, making a specific reference to the UPI SERVICE availed. It is also the responsibility of the Customer to notify the Bank, any other change in the operation of the account which will otherwise make the account ineligible for the UPI SERVICE. Any failure on the part of the Customer to advise the Bank separately shall continue to bind all the account holders, jointly and severally for the transactions through this Facility.
A. The Bank, when acting in good faith, shall be absolved of any liability in case:
- The Bank is unable to receive or execute any of the requests from the Customer or there is loss of information during processing or transmission or any unauthorized access by any other person or breach of confidentiality or due to reasons beyond the control of the Bank.
- There is any kind of loss, direct or indirect, incurred by the Customer or any other person due to any failure or lapse in the Facility which are beyond the control of the Bank.
- There is any failure or delay in transmitting of information or there is any error or inaccuracy of information or any other consequence arising from any cause beyond the control of the Bank which may include technology failure, mechanical breakdown, power disruption, etc.
- There is any lapse or failure on the part of the service providers or any third party affecting the said Facility and that the
- Bank makes no warranty as to the quality of the service provided by any such provider.
B. The Bank, its employees, agent or contractors, shall not be liable for and in respect of any loss or damage whether direct, indirect or consequential, including but not limited to loss of revenue, profit, business, contracts, anticipated savings or goodwill, loss of use or value of any equipment including software, whether foreseeable or not, suffered by the Customer or any person howsoever arising from or relating to any delay, interruption, suspension, resolution or error of the Bank in receiving and processing the request and in formulating and returning responses or any failure, delay, interruption, suspension, restriction, or error in transmission of any information or message to and from the telecommunication equipment of the Customer and the network of any service provider and the Bank's system or any breakdown, interruption, suspension or failure of the telecommunication equipment of the Customer, the Bank's system or the network of any service provider and/or any third party who provides such services as is necessary to provide the Facility.
C.The Bank will not be responsible if the Application is not compatible with/ does not work on the mobile handset of the Customer.
In consideration of the Bank providing the Facility, the Customer agrees to indemnify and hold the Bank harmless against all actions, claims, demands proceedings, loss, damages, costs, charges and expenses which the Bank may at any time incur, sustain, suffer or be put to as a consequence of or arising out of or in connection with any services provided to the Customer pursuant hereto. The Customer shall indemnify the Bank for unauthorized access by any third party to any information/instructions/triggers given by the Customer or breach of confidentiality.
UPI registration and procedure flow: